Vegan Gyoza (Soy meat, Chinese cabbage and Chinese chive)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Vegan Gyoza. This is also gluten-free and plant-based dumpling recipe. We will use Soy Meat, Chinese cabbage and Chinese chive.
Ingredients (About 24 pieces):
24 sheet Gyoza pastry
30g Soy meat (1 oz)
5 bundle Chinese chive
100g Chinese cabbage (3.5 oz)
1 pinch Salt
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 Tbsp Ginger paste
1 Tbsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
Water, as needed
Potato starch, as needed
(Prep: Pour hot water into the soy meat before cooking. )
1. Cut the Chinese cabbage into small pieces and move to the bowl. Add a pinch salt, lightly mix and keep aside for a while. Then, squeeze and take out the juice later.
2. Cut the Chinese chive into small pieces.
3. Drain the soy meat well.
4. Add all the ingredients and seasonings to a bowl and mix well.
5. Place the filling on the dumpling skin and apply the edge half of the skin with water. Then, close the dumpling skin, making folds. Continue wrapping until all the ingredients are gone.
6. Place the gyoza in the frying pan, making in a circular pattern. Then, dust with potato starch and pour water until the bottom of the pan is covered. Sprinkle the sesame oil.
7. Place over medium heat, cover with the lid and cook until browned. (About 10 minutes)
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Squeeze the salted Chinese cabbage hard to drain off the water.
2. Squeeze soy meat hard so as not to dilute the seasoning.
2. Be careful about the amount of water when baking Gyoza.