Vegan Gyoza (Shiitake mushroom, Chinese cabbage and Fried tofu)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Vegan Gyoza. This is also gluten-free and plant-based dumpling recipe. We will use shiitake mushroom, Chinese cabbage and fried tofu.
Ingredients (About 24 pieces):
24 sheet Gyoza pastry
2 Shiitake mushroom
1 Fried tofu
100g Chinese cabbage (3.5 oz)
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
Water, as needed
Potato starch, as needed
1. Cut the shiitake mushrooms into small pieces.
*Remove the stony parts of the shiitake mushrooms and cut the shafts into small pieces.
2. Cut fried tofu into small pieces.
3. Cut Chinese cabbage into small pieces as well.
4. Add all ingredients and seasonings to a bowl and mix well. Then, let sit for a few minutes.
5. Place the filling on the dumpling skin and apply the edge half of the skin with water. Then, close the dumpling skin, making folds. Continue wrapping until all the ingredients are gone.
6. Place the gyoza in the frying pan, leaving a little space between them. Then, dust with potato starch and pour water until the bottom of the pan is covered. Sprinkle the sesame oil.
8. Place over medium heat, cover with the lid and cook until browned. (About 10 minutes)
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Cut all the ingredients into small pieces
2. When baking dumplings, pay close attention to the amount of water.