Karaage | Japanese-style fried chicken
In this video, I introduce how to make Karaage (Japanese-style fried chicken). I am sure you are waiting this recipe for long time! There are so many Karaage recipes in Japan but I will introduce simple, easy and yummy recipe!
Don’t miss to check the secret ingredients and tips!!
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 large piece (250g) Chicken thigh
Potato starch, as needed
Vegetable oil, as needed *Canola oil and sunflower oil etc
2 Tbsp (30ml) Soy sauce
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sake
1 Egg yolk
1 piece Ginger
1 Tbsp (15ml) Flour
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
*Remove a bit of skin from the chicken, if you prefer.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl and add the seasonings. Mix them all together.
Leave for 10 – 15 minutes. *For over night in a fridge, if possible.
3. Pour the oil in a pot. Heat the oil to between 170 and 180 degrees.
4. Before frying, coat the chicken with potato starch, then dust off the excess powder.
5. Put the chicken pieces in and fry for 2 minutes.
Turn them over and fry another 1 minute to cook through till golden brown.
6. Take out the chickens and drip off the excess oil.