Eggplant Stake with Miso Sauce
Ingredients (2 servings):
1 Tbsp (15ml) Vegetable oil or Sesame oil
3 Tbsp (30ml) Miso *Dark-blown
2 Tbsp (30ml) Sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sake
1 Tbsp (15ml) Mirin
1 Tbsp (15ml) Dashi soup stock
3 leaves Shiso *Japanese basil
Ginger paste, to your taste
White sesame, as needed *Roasted seeds
1. Put all the ingredients (A) in a pot and simmer gently until it thickens. Turn off the heat and set aside.
2. Cut the eggplant in half lengthways. Then, cut the bottom of them a little bit.
Run a knife around the inside of the eggplant, loosing the skin from the flesh. Score the flat surface.
3. Soak the eggplant in a water to take out the scum. Wipe them with kitchen towel.
4. Wrap them with plastic cellophane and microwave for 2 minutes. (600W)
*You can also put them in a heat-resistance container.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Then, put the eggplant with cutting side down and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Turn over the eggplant, put the lid and steam it with low heat for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve on a plate and top with miso sauce, white sesame, Japanese basil and ginger paste.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!