Ingredients (2 servings):
1 (200g) Chicken thigh with skin on *Chicken breast is also OK.
1 Tbsp(15ml) Mirin *sweet sake
1 Tbsp(15ml) Soy sauce
1 Tbsp(15ml) Sake
1 Tbsp(15ml) Sugar
½ Tbsp (7.5ml) Vegetable oil or sunflower oil
Green vegetables for decoration
1. Prick the chicken skin with a fork and lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the ingredients in (A) and marinate the chicken. Rub the chicken to blend the flavors. Leave for 10 minutes and turn over sometime.
3. Remove the excess moisture from the chicken. Heat the oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat and place the chicken skin side down. Heat over high heat till golden brown and turn over.
4. When both sides turn golden brown, turn the heat down to medium and cover. Steam it for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the heat back to high and pour the leftover sauce.
5. Cut into bite-size pieces and place on a serving dish.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!