Ingredients (4 servings):
½ block Silken Tofu (150g/5.3 oz)
Potato starch, as needed
150ml Soup stock
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1½ Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp Grated daikon radish
1 tsp Grated ginger
Sliced 2 leaves Shiso *Japanese basil
1. Cut tofu into half and wrap the tofu with a paper towel.
Place between two trays and let the water drain out for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the soup stock, soy sauce and mirin in a pot and bring to a boil.
Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
3. Pour the oil into a pan and heat the oil to 170 – 180℃.
4. Lightly coat with potato starch.
5. Deep fry tofu until it gets light brown color. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Place the tofu in a serving dish. Then, place the toppings and pour the sauce from the side of the dish.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!